We strongly believe that each and every child is entitled to receive the best possible education and teaching that is available.
At the very heart of Europe’s unique identity lie democratic values. Making the vast array of Europe’s cultural achievements readily accessible to our children provides us with the greatest source of motivation. European Schools represent over 50 years experience of tried and tested education and teaching. In comparative tests conducted by PISA, European Schools outperformed the top-ranked school systems, thus the European Baccalaureate represents a unique level of school/pupil performance. So why not open up this future-oriented education system and make it available to many more children!
To this end, we aim to grant access to the European School system to as many children as possible independent of the occupational background of their parents. Although a private school the ESRM is to be available to pupils whose parents cannot afford the fees.
Tom Zijlstra (Director)
Degree in Dutch Language & Literature; married, one daughter, one son and two grandchildren
- Teachers Training College for Dutch, History and Film Sciences at the University of Amsterdam
- Dutch Film Control Authority
- Governmental School Consolidation Committee in the Netherlands
- Teacher at ES Culham, England
- CDP Staff Representative
- Director of Secondary School ES Mol, Belgium
- Director of Secondary School ES Frankfurt, Germany
- Director of the European School RheinMain, Campus Bad Vilbel gGmbH
Gitta Lotz (Co-Director)
Born 1957, Degree in Business Administration
- 1995 until 2002: European School Karlsruhe: President of the Parents‘ Association
- 2002 until 2012: European School Frankfurt: Assistant to the Directorate
- Since April 2012: European School RheinMain, Co-Director
Klaus Minkel (Managing Director)
Born 1948, married, one daughter
- Apprenticeship in Public Administration
- Trained as inspector
- Law Degree
- Lecturer at the University of Applied Science for Administration and Judicature
- 1980 – Town Council of Bad Vilbel and Managing Director of Public Utility Services
- 2000 – full-time Managing Director of Stadtwerke GmbH (Public Utilities)
- 2009 - Retirement
- Various honorary posts before and during retirement
Daniella Schmitt (Head of Secondary School)
- Columbia University, New York City, USA: Postgraduate Teaching Degree
- Eberhard-Karls-University of Tübingen, Germany: Ph.D. in Social Sciences (with distinction)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK: M.Sc. (with distinction)
- University of Pretoria, South Africa: Bachelors Hons. degree (with distinction)
- 2012 – present European School RheinMain, Germany
- Economics and Philosophy Teacher/ Careers Adviser/ Head of Department
- 2011 – 2012 New York City Department of Education, USA (Teacher/ AP College Reader)
- 2009 – 2010 Frankfurt International School, Germany
- 2004 – 2005 International School of Stuttgart, Germany
- Flamenco, travelling, reading, writing, cooking
Marcus Adams (Head of Primary School)
British, Born 1987.
Degree in Primary Education BA(Hons) QTS University of the West of England, Bristol. Married, one daughter.
- Specialist teacher in mathematics and assessment.
- 2008-2012 – class teacher and Head of maths in the United Kingdom
- 2012-2015 – class teacher and Head of Grade Level at a Billingual School in Frankfurt
- 2015-2018 – class teacher and Maths coordinator at ESRM.
- Worked in partnership in Somerset County Council with local education reform from 2009-2012.
- Member of the maths working and development group in Brussels on behalf of the European School System.
- Head of Primary at ESRM since March 2018
- Sports, especially running, football, cricket and rugby
- Travelling – especially in Eastern Europe.
- Photography – especially with the use of Polaroid technology.