Die ESRM stellt ein / ESRM is looking to fill the following positions
The Deputy Head for the Lower Secondary
(grade S1, S2, S3) is a member of the Secondary School Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Secondary Head and the Directorate. He/She is responsible for supporting and motivating Staff and organizing and facilitating the functioning of the Secondary School.
He/She has good knowledge of the European School curriculum and rules and regulations stipulated by the Board of Governors of the European Schools. In the absence of the Secondary Head he/she acts as the representative or delegate in all matters specifically related to the Lower Secondary School.
Your key responsibility areas:
- support the Directors and the broader leadership team in ensuring that teaching and learning is compliant with the standards of the European School System and authorising organisations;
- work with the Secondary Head to ensure that appropriate organisational structures and systems are applied and further developed to support the implementation of the school’s strategic plan;
- lead the work of some Subject Heads and Subject Coordinators to ensure the development and maintenance of the European Schools Curriculum which is well-organised, transparent, and effectively delivered;
- working together with the Head of Secondary & Coordinators, develop and deliver student learning strategic goals which are aligned to the school’s operational goals and strategic planning;
- collaborate with the appropriate Primary and Secondary School Staff to ensure implementation of the European Curriculum and cohesive implementation of policies;
- develop the professional capacity of the faculty in S1-3 through meaningful engagement with the appraisal and professional development processes;
- celebrate and promote student success within the community;
- apply the processes by which parents and guardians are informed of the performance of students;
- be responsible for the organisation and the effective implementation of daily staff cover, and use of internal / external substitutes;
- advise and assist in formulating policies and procedures for the smooth running of the Secondary School, and assure their implementation;
- advise the Head of Secondary in the process of recruiting teachers and administrative staff members, and in the process of internally attributing positions of responsibility and teaching assignments;
- respect and promote the European values and strong awareness of the European dimension;
- stimulate activities and projects and create a dynamic school climate;
- be a leader in the development of good practice in the framework of working and living together by safeguarding the application of the disciplinary rules of our school without acting dogmatically and by being visible as a leading personality in and around the school;
- have a feeling for the specific character of the identity of ESRM as a private European School within the network of European Schools on the one hand and as a part of the local school community on the other.
For motivated candidates a list of concrete tasks will be available!
- Degree(s) in education with qualifications in Educational Administration advantageous.
- Demonstrated Secondary teaching and leadership experience.
- Positive and supportive attitude.
- Self-motivated and goal focused.
- Proficient in oral and written either English or German.
- Working knowledge of the respective other language advantageous.
- Proficient communication technology skills.
- Student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- A good communicator with all partakers in school life.
- A skilled and consequent planning competence.
- Experienced in and being prepared for useful and effective delegation of tasks.
Applications from candidates with experience in teaching in more than one pedagogical culture will be received with interest.
Please send your application with supporting documents (CV, diplomas, references) to the attention of Mr. Tom Zijlstra, director.
Europäische Schule RheinMain
Tom Zijlstra / Direktor
61118 Bad Vilbelwww.es-rm.eu